Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments!
- If you’re on a dinner date, eat your dinner. Don’t pick. Don’t move it around on your plate. Eat.
- Do have standards. Do stick to them. Even if he’s amazing-looking and ridiculously charming. . . . Especially if he’s ridiculously charming.
- Brush your teeth.
- Stand up and sit up straight. No hunching those shoulders!
- Be yourself. That’s who you want him to like and possibly fall in love with, not the person you make up based on what you think he wants. He wants who you are. And he wants you to have a life and interests that are truly yours.
- If you met online, refresh your memory and read over his profile again. If there’s anything you’re curious about, make sure to ask about it.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing that doesn’t have to be abandoned (the shoes) or adjusted (the neckline of your dress).
- Tread lightly with the perfume. As a matter of fact, tread lightly with makeup too.
- After assembling your outfit and all its accessories, remove one item. It’s just a good fashion rule-of-thumb.
- Laugh with him, not at him. And play along with appropriate humor.
- Talk about what you’ve read lately.
- Relax. This guy is not the last train out of Single City. All of your magnificent plans for a four-bedroom, three-bath house, 2.5 kids, and a boat are not hanging on this one date.
- Act confident = be confident.
- Accept his generosity and chivalry gracefully. Be a lady and say “Thank you” and “Please.”
- Think positively, act gracefully, smile happily.
©2013 Jennifer Wilder. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint or publish this content elsewhere, please contact me through this blog.